Sweet peaches topped with warm yellow cake and crunchy nuts creates a bubbling peach cobbler that is perfect for summer nights. Okay, so dump cake might not be the most lovely way to describe this recipe, but it is an extremely accurate description of how you make this cake. Just dump all six ingredients in the pan. Yep, that’s it for this mouthwatering dessert!
Peach Cobbler Dump Cake Recipe
- 21oz Can Peach Pie Filling
- 15oz Can of Sliced Peaches (Drained)
- 12oz Can of Crushed Pineapple
- 1 Box of Yellow Cake
- 1/4 Cup of Pecans or Walnuts
- 2 Sticks of Butter
- Spread peach pie filling and sliced peaches in a cake pan (9×13)
- Follow with pineapple
- Dump in dry cake mix
- Then top with your choice of nuts
- Cut butter into slices and place on top of cake making sure the top is almost completely covered
- Bake at 325 for about 50 minutes or until the top is browned
Right when my sister, my official taste tester, took her first bite of my apple butter bars, she proceeded to name me the official “baking goddess.” These bars are moist and light, making them great for any summer picnic! The cake tastes like a warm mix of cinnamon and apples, while the frosting is perfectly sweet and citrus with the lemon zest.
Apple Butter Bar Recipe: For the Bars:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups apple butter
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
For the Lemon Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup of butter, one stick, softened
- 5 ounces of cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Measure all ingredients for bars, and place in a large mixing bowl. Beat at low speed until moistened, then at medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Pour into greased 10×15-inch jelly roll pan, a cookie sheet with sides will also work. Bake for about 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven, and allow to cool completely.
- For the frosting, place all frosting ingredients in a small bowl, and simply beat until smooth.
- Once the bars are cool, spread frosting over bars. Feel free to grade more lemon zest to top the bars, if you want to increase the lemony citrus taste.
This recipe makes 4 dozen bars.
Enjoy! Follow for more recipes and tips!