Gosh, how do I begin to describe these wonderful cookies?
Yes, they do actually have potato chips in them.
Okay, so I know what you’re thinking, probably exactly what my best friend said when I told her my next recipe would be potato chip cookies: “Ew. Sounds gross.” But, hear me out on this one. First off, they are a winner in my book simply because they do not call for eggs! If you are ever out of eggs and do not want to run to the store, then these cookies are perfect and only take about 20 minutes to make! These cookies are also the perfect mix of sweet and salty, and you would never even guess that potato chips are inside. The potato chips simply give the cookies a lovely bit of crunch and a texture reminiscent of chewy shortbread. I dare you to try them, but don’t come running back to me when you’re addicted.
Potato Chip Cookie Recipe:
- 2 Sticks of Butter or Margarine
- 3/4 Cups of Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon of Vanilla Extract
- 1 3/4 Cups of Flour
- 3/4 Cups of Crushed Potato Chips
- Confectioners’ Sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Cream together butter or margarine and sugar.Beat in vanilla. Blend in flour.Fold in potato chips. Best part of this recipe is that since there are no eggs, this dough is totally edible!
- Drop by teaspoonfuls on un-greased cookie sheets, and bake for 12-14 minutes.
- After removing them from the oven, dust with confectioners’ sugar, as the heat will cause the confectioners sugar to almost melt onto the cookie.
- Cool on wire racks. I’d recommend at least trying one of these cookies warm though because there really is something magical about the way the powder sugar just melts in your mouth!
Helpful Advice: After you have fallen in love with these cookies, try to leave out the cookies’ name when you offer them to your friends and family as they will be hesitant to try them. The best part of sharing these cookies is the extreme look of shock and amazement when you do tell them.